[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulseaudio latency

Harish Gaddameedi harish.gaddameedi at smartron.com
Fri Jul 27 05:10:12 UTC 2018

I'm working on an Application using pulseaudio package using
pulseaudio-8.0, made lot of modifications in the pulseaudio to reduce the
fluctuation of source card and to reduce the initial latency, I'm
successful in doing this process. On 12 hrs testing of audio with alsa-sink
module, I'm finding the latency of 4-5 seconds. When testing the same 12hrs
in connection with External bluetooth speaker, there is no latency found.

After the 12 hrs testing with alsa-sink, latency from Module-loopback is
showing as less than 300ms which is fine. but the latency reproducible is
upto 4-5seconds. Can anyone give me a quick pointer if you have faced the
similar issue?

Thanks,
Harish Gaddameedi