[pulseaudio-discuss] Failure to connect Sony headsets

João Paulo Rechi Vita jprvita at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 23:33:48 UTC 2018

On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 8:27 AM, Tanu Kaskinen <tanuk at iki.fi> wrote:

>> > This is without increasing the timeout, right, so the problem is that
>> > module-card-restore is trying to restore a2dp_sink before it's
>> > available? module-card-restore has been fixed to not to try to restore
>> > unavailable profiles:
>> > https://cgit.freedesktop.org/pulseaudio/pulseaudio/commit/?id=d65974d8501052bafb03e65f5df954511e9949a2
>> >

>> No, this is in addition to increasing the timeout. To have things
>> working I need to increase the timeout AND disable
>> module-card-restore. Sorry for not being clear about it before.
>>
>> I will try the commit you pointed, but I don't think it will help
>> since, if I'm following this right, the transport is already marked as
>> available at this point (I need to double-check on this point though
>> -- sorry, too many moving parts).
>
> If you confirm that module-card-restore indeed has to be disabled even
> with the increased timeout, then it would be very interesting to know
> what effect module-card-restore has in the card initialization. To me
> it seems that it should make no difference, because the a2dp profile is
> the default anyway, and all the module does is to choose the initial
> profile.

Ok, I have done more testing focusing on this specific point and
confirmed we indeed don't need to disable module-card-restore. With
the 60s timeout the headset was able to connect successfully 6 times
in a row. So for now the only open point is if there is any better fix
for these headsets than increasing the timeout.

--
João Paulo Rechi Vita
http://about.me/jprvita