[pulseaudio-discuss] Remaining PA process after X logout

Felipe Sateler fsateler at debian.org
Thu Mar 1 20:21:56 UTC 2018

On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 4:54 PM, Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:
> Felipe Sateler wrote:
>
>> I would encourage you to enable the systemd units if possible in
>> openSUSE, and disable autospawn.
>
> Dumb question, how to do that exactly?

In the debian package I ship:

/usr/lib/systemd/user/sockets.target.wants/pulseaudio.socket ->
../pulseaudio.socket

This means that the socket can't be disabled (in the systemd sense) by
users, but pulseaudio can be disabled by masking.

> For example, on my fedora box, I see something unexpected:
>
> $ systemctl --user status pulseaudio.socket
> ● pulseaudio.socket - Sound System
>    Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/user/pulseaudio.socket; disabled; vendor
> preset: enabled)
>    Active: inactive (dead)
>    Listen: /run/user/1000/pulse/native (Stream)
>
> If the default/preset is enabled, why does it say disabled for me? (I
> definitely never explicitly disabled it).

I don't think there is any glue between package managers (in any
distribution) and user services. IOW, nobody is calling `systemctl
--user preset-all` or similar.

--

Saludos,
Felipe Sateler