[pulseaudio-discuss] Bluetooth HSP handling on pulseaudio

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Mar 22 12:51:24 UTC 2018

On Thu, 2018-03-22 at 13:16 +0100, Georg Chini wrote:
> I had written a patch for the BT headset button, but it was rejected
> at the time. See https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/143572/
>
> Maybe we can pick this up again, when we are able to send signals
> via the native protocol as well. (There are patches for sending
> signals which are not yet reviewed.)

Thanks; I hadn't seen that.

I'm inclined to agree that a random D-Bus signal that isn't associated
with the specific PA device isn't quite the right way to do this.

I see you asked, "could you please outline how it would be done using
the native API?" — I think that is basically what I was asking.

Ultimately for me this probably ends up with pulsesink/src GStreamer
elements emitting GStreamer messages when the headset events happen,
and having a GStreamer-based interface for the controls too. I don't
much *care* how it works inside PA, or indeed have enough context to
have a strong opinion.

I should probably start with the mute part, which looks like it *might*
already be functional, and take it from there...