[pulseaudio-discuss] What could cause "Assertion '!e->next' failed at pulsecore/queue.c:104, function pa_queue_pop(). Aborting." ?

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Mon Mar 26 05:59:48 UTC 2018

On Sat, 2018-03-24 at 13:21 -0300, wellington wallace wrote:
> Changing a little of subject. What would be the proper way to show the user
> the current latency-time and buffer-time of sink inputs?  Right now I am
> updating these values when there is a "change event" on the sink inputs.
> But I noticed that changes in latency or buffer does not trigger this
> signal like volume or cork state changes do.

The buffer fill levels (and hence latency) fluctuate all the time, so
it doesn't make sense to send change events about those. If you want to
show the current latency of a sink input, just query the sink input
info as often as you want to update the numbers in the UI.

https://liberapay.com/tanuk
https://www.patreon.com/tanuk