[pulseaudio-discuss] [ANNOUNCE] PulseAudio 11.99.1 (a.k.a. v12.0 release candidate 1)

Felipe Sateler fsateler at debian.org
Sun May 13 14:14:46 UTC 2018

Hi,

On Sun, May 13, 2018 at 3:10 AM Tanu Kaskinen <tanuk at iki.fi> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The first release candidate for PulseAudio 12.0 is now available! As
> always, the purpose of the release candidate is to get some testing
> done before the final version is released. So, everybody is encouraged
> to try the new code and report back any regressions.

I'll be updating in debian experimental soon.

> Before upgrading, please read the "The GConf dependency can now be
> avoided" section in the release notes! The current paprefs release
> requires GConf, while the git version requires GSettings, and this
> affects how PulseAudio itself should be built. The release notes
> explain how this migration is supposed to happen.

What will the next version of paprefs be numbered? I want to ensure paprefs
and pulseaudio be upgraded in lockstep, so I need to add strict version
dependencies. Knowing the version number in advance allows me to set
version restrictions before upgrading paprefs itself, and it allows
preparing a paprefs git snapshot that matches the requirement.

--

Saludos,
Felipe Sateler