[pulseaudio-discuss] how to Start a pulseaudio application as a daemon with systemd

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Mon May 21 09:54:38 UTC 2018

On Sun, 2018-05-20 at 16:16 +0200, Christophe Lohr wrote:
> Le 20/05/2018 à 13:28, Tanu Kaskinen a écrit :
> > But what I think you should do is
> > disabling the pulseaudio user service in systemd, using the command
> > that I already gave:
> >
> >     sudo systemctl --global disable pulseaudio.socket pulseaudio.service
> >
> > If you are using pulseaudio in the system-wide mode, you don't want
> > systemd starting user instances as well.
>
> done! ;-)
>
> Many thanks for your guidance.
>
> The wiki page about "pulseaudio as system-wide" may be extended with
> systemd materials ;-)
> <https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PulseAudio/Documentation/User/SystemWide/>
> ... how to write a new  pulseaudio.service,  how to enable it, how to
> disable user service, etc.

Rather than just document how to write pulseaudio.service for the
system mode, we should provide and install that by default (but not
enable).

Regarding disabling the user services - yeah, I'll add that to the wiki
page. Thanks for pointing that out!

https://liberapay.com/tanuk
https://www.patreon.com/tanuk