[pulseaudio-discuss] How to prevent certain applications from changing recording volume?

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Wed May 23 15:29:39 UTC 2018

On Wed, 2018-05-23 at 16:48 +0200, Sven-Hendrik Haase wrote:
> It changes the device volume. I often have to use web-based conference
> tools and apparently browsers like auto adjusting the microphone gain.
> However, this annoys as it is perfectly calibrated for other applications
> already. There is no way to stop these applications from adjusting the gain
> and so I'd like to do this at a pulseaudio level.

Blocking individual operations such as volume adjustments based on the
application or other criteria isn't currently supported. Wim Taymans
has written patches for a generic access control infrastructure, but
I'm not sure if and when those will get to upstream...

https://liberapay.com/tanuk
https://www.patreon.com/tanuk