[pulseaudio-discuss] timer events

jnqnfe at gmail.com jnqnfe at gmail.com
Mon May 28 19:07:48 UTC 2018

tldr: timer events - am I doing something wrong, or is this feature
broken?

When putting together the Rust bindings a few months ago (see separate
announcement email), I created a few small test programs to test a
handful of features. One of the last features I tried to play with was
timer events. These events though seem to always fire immediately,
which puzzles me.

Yesterday I recreated the primary test program in C, to rule out any
Rust binding related issues, and it exhibits the same problem.

So question, am I doing something wrong (quite likely), or is this
feature broken?

I have attached a copy of both the Rust crate test program, and the C
version.

The test program is very simple, but deserves a word on usage. It
requires one cmd-line arg, a file to "play". Whatever file you point it
at it pretends contains raw audio, which it serves to PA one second's
worth at a time. What I did was to use VLC to capture the raw audio of
a video to a file, which I point it at.