[pulseaudio-discuss] R: R: New equalizer module (module-eqpro-sink), some questions

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Tue Nov 6 21:15:03 UTC 2018

On Tue, 2018-11-06 at 12:29 +0000, Andrea A wrote:
> You are welcome, if I will have free time I will try to translate important parts.
>
> > - do not pretend to support rewinds (but in this case, please limit
> the latency to something like 20-30 ms, so hat PulseAudio reacts
> quickly to the new streams)
>
> How can I limit the latency?

This is how I imagine it should be done, not guaranteed to be 100%
correct:

The pa_sink_set_latency_range_within_thread() calls should set the
maximum latency to the desired limit, unless the master sink's
min_latency is higher than the limit, in which case the master sink's
min_latency should be used.

sink_update_requested_latency_cb() should first check what
pa_sink_get_requested_latency_within_thread(s) returns. If it's -1 or
higher than s->thread_info.max_latency, then the requested latency
should be set to s->thread_info.max_latency.

https://www.patreon.com/tanuk
https://liberapay.com/tanuk