[pulseaudio-discuss] R: New equalizer module (module-eqpro-sink), some questions

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 03:05:04 UTC 2018

Andrea A <andrea69x at hotmail.it>:
> My fear is that a LADSPA plugin will be too hard to use for a lot of desktop users. I think that a GNU desktop user would like to have a fully working audio equalizer in his distribution and PA is default in almost all GNU distributions. Configuring a LADSPA plugin may be hard and boring for the average user and GNU will continue to don't have a standard equalizer. Beyond the issues you've already listed.

No, it won't. It will be compiled as a part of your application, and
your GUI application, at startup, would do the equivalent of "pactl
load-module module-ladspa-sink" with the correct parameters for each
existing sink. I.e. the user will only have to install your
application from a distribution package and logout/login again.

And we have a good precedent here: veromix _was_ packaged in Debian
(now it isn't because it is not up to speed with recent KDE and
GNOME), and it uses exactly the proposed architecture.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov