[pulseaudio-discuss] Problems with ASUS Xonar D2X & PulseAudio card detection.

Russell Treleaven rtreleaven at bunnykick.ca
Mon Oct 22 15:51:06 UTC 2018

Cool you have gained some insight.
I would define your sink as hw:D2X,<sink_index> as the card number can
change but the name won't.
make a safety copy of ~/.asoundrc and make the file contain only this line.

defaults.namehint.extended on

The please post the output of `aplay -L` and `amixer -cD2X contents`.
You may be able to disable 5.1 and get the analog sink to work.

On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 11:37 AM, Andrey Semashev <andrey.semashev at gmail.com

Sincerely,

Russell Treleaven
sip:rtreleaven at sip.bunnykick.ca;transport=tcp