[pulseaudio-discuss] Streaming Audio To Multiple Sinks
pulseaudio-discuss at nicohood.de
Sat Sep 1 07:24:07 UTC 2018
I want to setup pulseaudio for multiple rooms. I would like to ask for
some suggestions on how to realize it best. I have the following
* Music must play on multiple machines without any noticeable delay
* Only music played from the spotify application should be streamed, no
* The clients must disconnect and reconnect
My current setup looks like this:
* I installed pulseaudio 12.2-2 (ArchLinux) on all machines
* I enabled network access via paprefs
* All clients are connected through wired connection/LAN
* For now I am streaming from A to B and C
I am using the following command to create the combined sink:
pactl load-module module-combine-sink
The problems I got:
* Music is sometimes out of sync. And it tends to not get back in sync
and stays out of sync. I have to create a new combined sink to fix that
- annoying. My highest priority is, that the music is always 100% in
sync, otherwise it sounds aweful. How can I tweak the parameters to do that?
* When a client disconnects (wire unplugged) it is either not
rediscovered at all (need to reboot then) or under a different name
(with a number increment). How can I avoid this, without using fixed ips?
* After the disconnect I always have to recreate the combined sync, how
can I make it auto recover from a disconnect?
* How can I start an application (spotify) to only use the combined sync
instead of the default system sink?
I hope to find some answers here. Thanks in advance.
More information about the pulseaudio-discuss