[pulseaudio-discuss] Adopting a Code of Conduct

Arun Raghavan arun at arunraghavan.net
Mon Sep 17 12:58:17 UTC 2018

Hi everyone,
This has been on my mind for a while, and seeing the freedesktop.org and Linux kernel projects finally take it up, I'd like for us to adopt a code of conduct as well.

The wording in the Contributor Covenant (https://www.contributor-covenant.org/) seems to be succinct but thorough in summarising what I'd like our code of conduct to be (i.e. "be excellent to each other"), while also laying out explicitly who can be approached for specific issues and also explicitly who is responsible of making the community a fostering and welcoming space (namely, the maintainers).

I'll send out an MR for this in a bit, but thought I'd kick off a thread for discussion if needed.

Cheers,
Arun