[pulseaudio-discuss] R: New equalizer module (module-eqpro-sink), some questions

Georg Chini georg at chini.tk
Tue Apr 16 20:21:04 UTC 2019

On 16.04.19 21:40, Georg Chini wrote:
> On 16.04.19 19:19, Tanu Kaskinen wrote:

> Why do you think that the filter must be configured while it is
> running? In case of the equalizer the number of channels and
> also the number of bands are known before the filter is run.
> The LADSPA standard says all control ports must be connected
> (and valid) before you can run the filter. If a parameter changes
> at runtime, the filter must be reset like the current ladspa-sink
> does.
One more comment: Parameter changes must in the end be
done in the IO thread anyway because the run() function is called
there. Only the initial setup can be done in the main thread when
the IO thread is not yet active. The sequence of a parameter
change is that you

1) Receive a parameter change in the main thread
2) Send a message to the IO thread to notify of the change
3) Copy the changed parameter(s) from the main thread
4) Reset the filter (by issuing a rewind request)

After that the filter can continue running.