[pulseaudio-discuss] R: New equalizer module (module-eqpro-sink), some questions

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at gmail.com
Sat Apr 20 10:14:37 UTC 2019

[forgot to CC the list - sorry for any duplicates]

сб, 20 апр. 2019 г. в 14:39, Georg Chini <georg at chini.tk>:

> I think using malloc() when a parameter changes is not interfering
> with real-time operation because the filter must be reset after
> a parameter change anyway.

The parameter changes allowed during the runtime are not expected to
need a filter reset. In-place rebuild - yes, reset - no. The filtered
audio should smoothly follow gradual changes of the filter parameters.
Many LADSPA plugins actually implement internal smoothing of parameter
value changes, or even internally keep two filter versions and
interpolate between them, in order to avoid clicks, because such
gradual changes are an expected thing in pro audio workflows.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov