[pulseaudio-discuss] configure a soundcard?

Matt Zagrabelny mzagrabe at d.umn.edu
Sat Apr 20 17:11:30 UTC 2019

Greetings,

I'm running Debian Buster and I have a 1/8" audio jack. I need the sink to
be an analog output to send off to some other device. Things work great,
except for when the system reboots, it comes up configured as a digital
soundcard:

Digital Stereo (IEC958)

Here is a diff between a "pactl list" when the computer reboots and when
I've configured it to be an analog sink:

-Sink #1
-       State: SUSPENDED
-       Name: alsa_output.pci-0000_00_14.2.iec958-stereo
+Sink #2
+       State: RUNNING
+       Name: alsa_output.pci-0000_00_14.2.analog-stereo

What is the best way to have the configuration saved between reboots?

I can provide further info if needed.

Thanks for any help!

-m