[pulseaudio-discuss] pulseaudio still running before shutdown

Christian abelschreck3 at freenet.de
Mon Apr 22 10:58:50 UTC 2019

Hi Tanu,

thanks a lot for your answer and suggestion.

First of all I have to apologize for getting something wrong.
I wrote:

"I don´t know why I get this message because the shutdown works well
despite that error message. In fact it shuts down really fast."

That´s /incorrect/. In fact it´s like this:  the fact that pulseaudio is still running indeed *prevents the shutdown *.
I mixed it up with another project of mine. Sorry about that.

Now to your suggestion:

I looked  up _/etc/pulse/daemon.conf_.

The "exit-idle-time"-value is currently set like so:

; exit-idle-time = 20

The man-pages say: "Terminate  the  daemon after the last client quit and this time in seconds passed."

Well, I think with the semicolon in front that value wasn´t set at all, right?
So I´d have to get rid of the semicolon and then set "exit-idle-time = 0".

Would that be the way to go?

Greetings.
Rosika

P.S.:
I still don´t understand why there are *two *proceses running before shutdown:

ps -ax | grep -i pulseaudio
 1515 ?        Sl     0:00 /usr/bin/pulseaudio --start --log-target=syslog
 2348 ?        Sl     0:01 /usr/bin/pulseaudio --start --log-target=syslog
 3820 pts/2    S+     0:00 grep --color=auto -i pulseaudio