[pulseaudio-discuss] librem5 sound

Angus Ainslie angus at akkea.ca
Fri Dec 6 15:51:43 UTC 2019

Thanks for the latency suggestions. We added those patches to pulseaudio
12.2 and it's working well.

https://source.puri.sm/Librem5/pulseaudio/commit/a5f36231979ea0d4c414a41450d0bc28e25cb817

Now I'm trying to map the correct alsa mixer for pulseaudio volume
control. I tried setting PlaybackMixerElem element but it doesn't seem
to be affecting the alsa mixer.

https://github.com/pulseaudio/pulseaudio/blob/e6779ad229d5858f90f5f10c3796c9778f05c3fa/src/modules/alsa/alsa-ucm.c#L95

purism at pureos:~$ amixer -c 1 sget Speaker
Simple mixer control 'Speaker',0
   Capabilities: volume pswitch
   Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
   Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
   Limits: 0 - 127
   Front Left: 122 [96%] [1.00dB] Playback [on]
   Front Right: 122 [96%] [1.00dB] Playback [off]

I tried setting it to

PlaybackMixerElem "name='Speaker Volume'"

and

PlaybackMixerElem "Speaker Volume"

and neither seemed to affect the alsa mixer volume. Am I setting the
wrong ucm_id or am I setting it incorrectly ?