[pulseaudio-discuss] Proposal for a new API and usage of Bluetooth HSP and HFP profiles on Linux

Luiz Augusto von Dentz luiz.dentz at gmail.com
Sun Dec 15 22:11:04 UTC 2019

Hi Pali,

On Thu, Dec 5, 2019 at 11:32 AM Pali Rohár <pali.rohar at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Monday 02 December 2019 19:45:12 Pali Rohár wrote:
> > On Monday 02 December 2019 19:01:11 Tanu Kaskinen wrote:
> > > I think hsphfpd should be part of bluetoothd, but if that's not
> > > possible, then that's not possible.
> >
> > I do not know if bluez developers are interested in having this code as
> > part of bluez project, specially when in bluez4 HFP profile was there
> > and in bluez5 was HFP code completely removed.
>
> Hello, could someone from bluez developers comment this Tanu's point?

I would have to say no, we are definitely not interested in yet
another daemon for AT parsing, we actually have too many of these
around, either in a form of Modem Manager, oFono, etc. That said one
simpler way to resolve all of this is to maintain a plugin to
bluetoothd that way HSP/HFP becomes native again, that can either be
maintained in the tree or out of the tree.

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz