[pulseaudio-discuss] Current status of wideband speech?

Ta-Lun Yen es at evsfy.com
Mon Feb 11 07:28:07 UTC 2019

Currently, it seems there's no support for mSBC codec in PulseAudio (as for latest master).
Please correct me if I'm wrong about this.

We have only CVSD support which only does 8000kHz on each direction, thus making everything sounds "vintage", even if device actually supports mSBC codec.

However, I've seen previous threads from 2013 discussing about implementation of mSBC codec, and I wonder if we still have plans to implement them?