[pulseaudio-discuss] where can I see stderr output of LADSPA plugin ?

Sergei Steshenko sergstesh at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 9 23:11:14 UTC 2019

Hello All,

I have a developed by myself LADSPA plugin which works and which I
managed to use with pulseaudio.

As the plugin operates it prints some messages to stderr, and I do see
them when I use the plugin with, say, ecasound or mplayer.

However, if I invoke pulseaudio as

(export LADSPA_PATH=/mnt/althome/sergei/acoustics_work_sp/ladspa;
pulseaudio -vvvvv --start --log-level=4 --log-target=stderr)

, I do not see the stderr messages on screen, and if I invoke pulseaudio as

(export LADSPA_PATH=/mnt/althome/sergei/acoustics_work_sp/ladspa;
pulseaudio -vvvvv --start --log-level=4 --log-target=syslog)

, I do not the stderr messages in /var/log/syslog file. I do see
messages from pulseaudio itself in the file though.

And in both cases the plugin definitely works judging by the sound. I
also have my own real time control of the plugin not at all related to
LADSPA protocol/host, so yet another indication that the plugin works is
that sound is also affected by my control GUI.

Also, the plugin ID appears in my KDE system volume control. I.e. there
is absolutely no doubt the plugin is recognized and used by pulseaudio.

So, back to the subject - where can I see stderr output of LADSPA plugin
? Maybe there is some "secret" configuration option ?

Thanks,

 ?? Sergei.