[pulseaudio-discuss] How to disable switch on HDMI audio output ?

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 13:26:36 UTC 2019

Georg Chini <georg at chini.tk>:

> On 07.03.19 12:31, Tomaž Šolc wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > On 1. 03. 19 12:15, Alex ARNAUD wrote:
> >> As stated in the title, I'm looking for a way to disable switch to
> >> HDMI audio output.
> >
> > I think there's currently no way to blacklist devices in the
> > module-switch-on-port-available.
> >
> > If you never want to use HDMI audio at all, then perhaps the best way to
> > solve your problem is to just make PulseAudio ignore that device
> > altogether.
>

> What works for me is just to set the HDMI device to "off" in the pavucontrol
> configuration tab. This setting should be remembered across boots.

Georg, I think you misunderstood the task. Alex is creating a LiveCD
and needs to disable HDMI beforehand for all users. Just telling the
user to use pavucontrol is not going to work, as the user will not be
able to interact with it, if the screen reader speaks to the HDMI
monitor which pretends to accept sound but does not actually have
speakers.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov