[pulseaudio-discuss] R: New equalizer module (module-eqpro-sink), some questions

Georg Chini georg at chini.tk
Wed May 1 08:49:08 UTC 2019

On 30.04.19 23:37, Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
> вт, 30 апр. 2019 г. в 23:46, Georg Chini <georg at chini.tk>:
>> On 30.04.19 19:23, Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
>>
> Please don't treat the FIR for module-virtual-surround-sink as a set
> of reconfigurable parameters. At least for now. Just hard-code the
> contents of http://stuff.salscheider-online.de/hrir_kemar.tar.gz or
> find a redistributable equivalent, preferably with more than 6
> channels.

Too late ... I know it is not a normal parameter comparable
to the parameters of other filters, but the pulseaudio module
page suggests to experiment with different files until you
find the right one. To do so, I think it is more convenient
if you can replace the file on the fly instead of having to
unload and reload the module. Also, the code is intended
as a demonstration of how to replace the parameter set
by a new one (while the ladspa-sink demonstrates how to
re-use the memory.)