[pulseaudio-discuss] new module module-plugin-sink

Georg Chini georg at chini.tk
Mon May 20 10:35:16 UTC 2019

On 20.05.19 10:47, Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
> пн, 20 мая 2019 г. в 13:17, Georg Chini <georg at chini.tk>:
>> Hi Alexander, Tanu,
>>
>> would it make sense to give filters some old data for preconditioning when
>> the filter should be rewound? Then the filter could simply be reset and the
>> preconditioning data run through the filter instead of doing a "real"
>> rewind.
>> The amount of data needed for preconditioning could be made configurable.
> The problem is that for IIR filter the needed amount of data is
> infinite. So - no.

That's only true in theory. In practice, you never have an IIR filter
because you do not have infinite resolution. And in practice, it will
probably be sufficient to precondition the filter in many cases.
Surely the result will not be perfect, but may be good enough to
avoid audible artifacts.

But if you think it does not make sense, I'll leave it as it is.