[pulseaudio-discuss] PulseAudio is unable to detect correct profile on this system

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Mon Oct 28 15:36:44 UTC 2019

On Mon, 2019-10-28 at 06:51 +0330, Farhad Mohammadi Majd wrote:
> On Sat, 2019-10-26 at 16:26 +0300, Tanu Kaskinen wrote:
> > On Sat, 2019-10-26 at 07:57 +0330, Farhad Mohammadi Majd wrote:
> > > Hello, I have reported this problem in 2017 August:
> > >
> > > https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/pulseaudio-discuss/2017-August/thread.html#28519
> > >
> > > Mr. Tanu Kaskinen helped me by providing one way to fix it manually
> > > by
> > > editing one configuration file:
> > >
> > > https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/pulseaudio-discuss/2017-September/thread.html#28607
> > >
> > > and he sayd: "[it] is a proper fix that will be included in the
> > > next
> > > PulseAudio release (if my patch gets approved by then)."
> > >
> > > I am currently using GNOME 3.34 with PulseAudio 13.0 and this
> > > problem
> > > is still there!
> > >
> > > Please read the provided links because *nothing has changed!* and
> > > fix
> > > this problem in PulseAudio, I am ready to run any command and
> > > provide
> > > any information that maybe you need it.
> > >
> > > THANKS
> >
> > Thanks for the reminder, I applied that patch now.
> >

> Thank you again.
>
> What is the release date of next version of PulseAudio?
> Will this patch include in the major next version or minor?
> Is there any scheduling for PulseAudio?

I would guess the next version will be released in January (slightly
optimistic estimate based on past experience of our release process).
It will be a major release, I doubt we will have minor releases before
that.

Since you asked about scheduling, the freeze for 14.0 is scheduled to
happen on 2019-12-13.

https://www.patreon.com/tanuk
https://liberapay.com/tanuk