[pulseaudio-discuss] alsa-mixer-path-test fails on FreeBSD

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Mon Sep 23 04:42:29 UTC 2019

On Sun, 2019-09-22 at 10:48 -0400, Mikhail T. wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Here is, what I just go trying to build (and test) pulseaudio on
> FreeBSD-11.3/amd64 machine:
>
>     FAIL: alsa-mixer-path-test
>     ============================================================================
>     Testsuite summary for pulseaudio 13.0
>     ============================================================================
>     # TOTAL: 35
>     # PASS:  34
>     # SKIP:  0
>     # XFAIL: 0
>     # FAIL:  1
>     # XPASS: 0
>     # ERROR: 0
>     ============================================================================
>     See src/test-suite.log
>     Please report to pulseaudio-discuss (at) lists (dot) freedesktop
>     (dot) org
>
> Attaching the logs... Please, advise. Thank you. Yours,

I assume that alsa support isn't needed on freebsd, so as a workaround
you could disable alsa support. I had a look at the build system, and
it seems that it should correctly disable alsa-mixer-path-test when
alsa support is disabled.

Can you rerun the test with the PULSE_LOG environment variable set to
value 9? The test should then print more information that could be
helpful in figuring out why the test is failing.

https://www.patreon.com/tanuk
https://liberapay.com/tanuk