[pulseaudio-discuss] container support

Jan Van den Audenaerde jan.vandenaudenaerde at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 15:19:01 UTC 2020

Hi,

I have spend several days without success figuring out how I can use
pulseaudio in a container setup on an embedded device.

*I am running CentOs 8 on a headless device (intel-nuc) which is also
running docker. I would like to run pulseaudio server on the host (CentOs
8) and my docker containers should be able to use pulseaudio client to
communicate with the pulseaudio server via pulseaudio unix socket. Moreover
it should be possible that different docker containers can access the
microphone and speaker at the same time.*

The main problem I am facing I have reported in following forum post:

   - https://forums.centos.org/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=76643

Any help would be much appreciated.
I also think that pulseaudio has the good requirements for use in a
container setup if  I only can make it work.
Jan.