[pulseaudio-discuss] Early steps for an investigation (stuttering)

Elio Blanca eblanca at libero.it
Tue Jan 7 19:15:40 UTC 2020

I stumbled across a guide about logging pulseaudio (not easy indeed)
and I tried, firstly creating a ~/.config/pulse/client.conf which
disabled auto-respawn. Then I did:

$ killall pulseaudio
$ LANG=C pulseaudio -vvvv --log-time=1 > ~/pulseverbose.log 2>&1

and pulseverbose.log is here: https://0x0.st/z5vR.log

I launched firefox, then picked a random youtube video and waited till
the stuttering appeared.

Now, I see some error statements reporting troubles with alsa driver
'snd_hda_intel', may this be the root cause?
In this case, should a kernel update (including newer alsa lib) solve
this issue?

Elio