[pulseaudio-discuss] Does the HSP/HFP bluetooth profile sound like this?

Mario Sottile - Marionetas Mey mariomey at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 23:00:53 UTC 2020

I have a Sony CECHYA-0076 with a TPLink UB400 Bluetooth. Finally I could
connect everything  to use as a sink/source device. Tried recording to
Audacity, creating a module-jack to put inside it and, the simpliest way
to test it, creating a loopback module to "hear what I talk" inmediatly.

I read everywhere that the HSP/HFP is not a good sound... but every
bluetooth microphone using this profile sounds as terrible as this? I
tried everything (*) to improve it, but with no success. Please, hear
attached file or click on https://sndup.net/3smb

So, if this is normal audio quality for HSP/HFP... *who was the person
that allowed this profile to be available?* It's completely unacceptable.

Here is my question in StackExchange:
https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/590641/how-to-improve-mic-quality-from-a-bluetooth-headset,
but I think that it has no possible answer. I mean, there is no way to
improve what was created like that.

Sincerely, I don't understand.

--
Marionetas Mey