[pulseaudio-discuss] module-sine: dump samples to file

Bob Weber bob2969685 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 00:00:18 UTC 2020

On 6/16/20 11:38 AM, massimiliano cialdi wrote:
> how can I dump module-sine generated samples to a file?
>

> best regards

GNU Radio can dump an audio source to a file sink.  You will have to play with
sampling rates and word type. I saved a file of audio from a video I was playing
to a file.  I had to use this:

aplay -r 48000 -f FLOAT_LE audio.wav

to play the file since the default source type was float.  sox can convert the
file to other formats.

The audio source can be picked in pavucontrol ... maybe a monitor of your
speaker output (if you are listening to the sine wave) or the module directly.

...bob