[pulseaudio-discuss] Need to information to implement a media player

Emeric Poupon itmfr at yahoo.fr
Sat Mar 14 16:52:42 UTC 2020

Hi!
I am implementing a headless media player. I have played a bit with the pulseaudio client asynchronous API and I am able to play my files with no problem, which is great.However, I have some questions about pulse audio usage:
- is it OK to open a stream as soon as the application starts, even if no sound will be eventually played? Or should I open a stream only when a song is requested to be played and close it once it has finished?- is it OK to use a single stream for several songs or is it better to use separate streams, one for each song? I thought it may be easier to use a single stream to implement gapless playback, but I may be wrong.
Thanks for your help.