[pulseaudio-discuss] May I modify the configuration of the path 'analog-output-lineout.conf'

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Mon Nov 30 17:28:27 UTC 2020

On Tue, 2020-11-24 at 05:42 +0000, Chengyi Zhao wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I found a Jack that it is Line Out CLFE in the sound card 'Realteck ACL662 rev3',
> and this Jack can adapt 'Mapping multichannel-output' of the profile-sets 'default.conf'.
>
> Would you please tell me what Line Out CLFE is, and the difference is with Line Out? thanks.

"Line Out CLFE" refers to the center/LFE stereo connector on a sound
card that supports surround sound. "Line Out" refers to lineout in
general without specifying the channels. I expect that hardware that
provides "Line Out CLFE" doesn't have a generic "Line Out" jack control
and vice versa.

> Because there is a volume issue when to switch port from headphones to Line Out CLFE,
> I will modify the path file 'analog-output-lineout.conf' so that I can fix this volume issue,
> and Line Out CLFE will adapt this path file.
>
> Would you please tell me if I can make such a modification as below? thanks.
>
> Previous configuration of analog-output-lineout.conf:
> [Jack Line Out CLFE]
> state.plugged = unknown
> state.unplugged = unknown
> required-any = any
>
> Current configuration of analog-output-lineout.conf:
> [Jack Line Out CLFE]
> required-any = any

This change has the effect that if the center/LFE connector is
unplugged, the lineout port becomes unavailable. This is not good, if
you want to use the sound card in stereo mode and have only the front
channels plugged in.

https://www.patreon.com/tanuk
https://liberapay.com/tanuk