[pulseaudio-discuss] Sound card is detected and used accidentally in PulseAudio

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Mon Oct 26 18:46:40 UTC 2020

On Mon, 2020-10-26 at 10:34 +0100, Karsten wrote:
> Hello developers of PulseAudio,
>
> it seems that there is nearly nobody that can help with problems with PulseAudio.
> So my hope is that you can help?
>
> Please be so kind and have a look at this problem.
>
> ALSA is working every time so the problem is that only pulseaudio is ignoring the sound blaster card.
> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?att=1;bug=972689;filename=deactivated.jpg;msg=10
>
> This problem exists after Debian 8, so probably with PulseAudio 12.0.
> It's independent from the used Frontend, it is the same in KDE and XFCE.
>
> How can this problem be analyzed?
> What must be done with /etc/pulse/client.conf ?
>
> Best regards
> karsten

I suggest you run this script (the script was added in PulseAudio 13.0,
but probably works with 12.0 too):

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/pulseaudio/pulseaudio/-/raw/master/src/utils/pa-info

Then create a bug report at
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/pulseaudio/pulseaudio/-/issues/new and
attach the pa-info output (the output will be too large for the mailing
list, and it's anyway better to deal with bugs in the issue tracker).