[pulseaudio-discuss] How to create a virtual microphone with source set as default monitor device?

guest271314 guest271314 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 23:11:03 UTC 2020

> Electron is a whole separate discussion. Electron applications have
different levels of access to the system than the vanilla chromium
browser.

Native Messaging provides access to the system.

> With the amount of work you're seeming to have put into workarounds,
maybe you would be better off writing a proper native application?

Yes. Am filtering the most consistent approach. Am far more familiar
with front-end (HTML, JavaScript) than
C, C++, Rust, etc., thus most of the workarounds are web platform
based. From perspective here there should be a very simple function,
captureSystemAudio() that does only that.