[pulseaudio-discuss] max deviation is never above 50%

Mike Fisher mike at fisher5.com
Wed Sep 30 08:16:37 UTC 2020

My USB microphone will only record at 50% volume. I have pavucontrol set to
153% and the max deviation is never above 50%. This happens with 3
different USB devices from 3 manufactures. This seems like a PA problem,
because when I run "pasuspender audacity" it works as expected through
ALSA. I have had this problem for 10+ years all on many different debian
installations. The microphone I am currently using is Samson C01U.
PulseAudio 12.2
https://termbin.com/mnl6v