[pulseaudio-discuss] Bluetooth headset HSP/HFP sound not working but microphone is

Bram Lagerweij bramlagerweij16 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 06:18:58 UTC 2021

Dear all,

I've managed to solve my Bluetooth issue. My headset is now working both
in HSP/HFP and A2DP (LDAC) mode. I did reinstall all dependencies of my
bluetooth setup:

```
|sudo apt-get update||
sudo apt-get purge bluez libldac pulseaudio-modules-bt # Remove packages||
sudo apt-get autoremove # Cleanup||
sudo apt-get reinstall -y libfdk-aac-dev libavcodec-dev libpulse-dev
libdbus-1-dev libsbc-dev libltdl-dev libbluetooth-dev # Renistall as
some of these cannot be purged||
sudo apt-get install bluez libldac pulseaudio-modules-bt||
sudo reboot # Might not be nessecary|
```

And changed settings in `|sudo gedit /etc/pulse/default.pa`|according to
the manual of `pulseaudio-modules-bt`.
I have a single remaining question, how to reset all audio related
configuration files? I tried
```|
sudo apt-cache pkgnames pulse |xargs -n 1 sudo apt-get -o
Dpkg::Options::="--force-confmiss" install --reinstall|
```

But apparently I did not reset all my configuration files, afterall
`|/etc/pulse/default.pa|` did still have some edits afterwards.
I cannot `purge` pulseaudio either, as it is a prerequisite of ao gnome
(ubuntu flavour).
What is the best way of resetting al user and system config files?

Kind regards,
Bram Lagerweij