[pulseaudio-discuss] Which device-string I should disable between hw:%f and iec958:%f?

赵成义 zhaochengyi at uniontech.com
Wed Dec 22 14:01:37 UTC 2021

Hi guys,

I found that some usb earphones can match the device-strings hw:%f and iec958:%f of the default.conf configuration file
at the same time, so two output ports will be displayed, one is the analog output and the other is the S/PDIF digital output.

Is there any difference between these two outputs? Which device-string I should disable between hw:%f and iec958:%f?
and how can I disable one of them?

would you please help tell me, thank you!

Below is the snippet from the configuration file default.conf:

# Match the analog output
[Mapping mono-fallback]
device-strings = hw:%f
fallback = yes
channel-map = mono
paths-output = analog-output analog-output-lineout analog-output-speaker analog-output-headphones analog-output-headphones-2 analog-output-mono
paths-input = analog-input-front-mic analog-input-rear-mic analog-input-internal-mic analog-input-dock-mic analog-input analog-input-mic analog-input-linein analog-input-aux analog-input-video analog-input-tvtuner analog-input-fm analog-input-mic-line analog-input-headset-mic
priority = 1

# Match the S/PDIF digital output
[Mapping iec958-stereo]
device-strings = iec958:%f