[pulseaudio-discuss] mpg123 run by apache2 not working

Matt Kitcat matt at elmtreecottages.co.uk
Sat Feb 13 14:01:24 UTC 2021

Hello

I am trying to get my web server to play audio files via a bluetooth
speaker. (This is a raspberry pi).

Running apache as user pi doesn't work. Logged in as the user pi I can
play files fine but running the apache2 server as user pi doesn't work.
I have a feeling it is because apache isn't a logged in user and I have
been struggling for hours to understand what the solution might be. Can
someone help. I don't care if I use mpg123/mplay/ffplay.