[pulseaudio-discuss] How manage volume remotely on pulseaudio

Matt Garman matthew.garman at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 16:24:38 UTC 2021

On Wed, Jan 20, 2021 at 7:24 AM Christian Schmitz <list at schweb.com.ar> wrote:
>         Yes I install the pavucontrol on the kid computer. Inside SSH session if i
> open Chromium it open en kid screen, but if i open pavucontrol then open in
> my screen and cant connect with kid pulseaudio.

Have you looked into this: https://github.com/Siot/PaWebControl

I haven't used it, just ran across it.  But, if it works as
advertised, you should be able to run it on your kid's computer, then
use a web GUI to change the volume.  It appears to be just a wrapper
around pactl, so you could also skim the source for inspiration on how
to create your own little scripts/macros using pactl directly.