[pulseaudio-discuss] [ANNOUNCE] PulseAudio 15.0
arun at arunraghavan.net
Tue Jul 27 20:27:21 UTC 2021
I'm happy to announce that PulseAudio 15.0 is out!
This is a big release, and you likely want to see the full release notes at https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PulseAudio/Notes/15.0/
* Lots of Bluetooth features (more A2DP codecs, native HFP support with mSBC for better audio quality, AVRCP Absolute Volume)
* Card profiles can be made sticky, so (un)plugging does not reset state (helpful with HDMI replugging changing outputs, for examples)
* New messaging API to allow easier extension of the core API
* Virtual surround sink completely rewritten
* Autotools dropped in favour of meson
* Improved hardware support
* ALSA path configuration can live in user home directory\
* Translation updates
* Bug fixes and a lot more
Package maintainers will want to check the relevant section of the release notes.
Special thanks go out to everyone who spent a lot of time testing, troubleshooting, and reporting issues from git builds and release candidates.
Finally, I'd also like to welcome Igor Kovalenko, Marijn Sujiten and Sanchayan Maity to the development team!
More information about the pulseaudio-discuss