[pulseaudio-discuss] Start condition failed - ConditionUser=!root not met

Joel jm-hotmail at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 13 14:51:14 UTC 2021

​Tanu -

Thank you.  I made the changes you suggested (removed pulseaudio.socket from two locations where I found the file: /etc/systemd/system/and /etc/systemd/system/sockets.targets.wants.  In the file pulseaudio.service, I commented out the lines "Requires=pulseaudio.socket"; "ConditionUser=!root" and "Also=pulseaudio.socket".  Please note that there also two occurrences of this file: /etc/systemd/system/and /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.targets.wants. Perhaps the second occurrences are system-generated.

I then had sound from the web browser!  VLC was still providing sound as before (but I gather not using pulsesaudio).  After logging out then logging back in (not rebooting), there was no web browser sound and a new error:  Failed to load module "module-x11-publish".  This also occurred after rebooting and booting from a cold start. After the reboot, a fu​rther error arose: Error opening PCM device front:0: Device or resource busy.  Also, the /var/run/.pulse cookie does exist.  The systemctl status reports in full are at https://susepaste.org/99540079 .  I'm unable to determine what I did to cause these errors.

Joel

973 736 8306