[pulseaudio-discuss] Using pulseaudio (bluetooth) from a systemd service

Federico Milano fmilano at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 17:31:40 UTC 2021

I wasn't able to make it work as a system wide service, I was unable to
connect to bluetooth from the systemd service running under root.

I reinstalled pulseaudio and put everything under my user; I also set
lingering for my user. Now it is working fine, the only problem I'm having
is that after I end my ssh session, the bluetooth gets disconnected. Do you
know how could I solve this?

Also after a reboot, I have to explicitly connect to the speaker, it does
not reconnect automatically on boot. It is a if lingering is not working.

Kind regards

Federico