[pulseaudio-discuss] troubleshooting switch-on-connect and switch-on-port-available

Krister thekswenson at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 07:42:51 UTC 2021

I have a new Inspiron 7320 detachable, and was able to get sound
working by compiling a recent SOF kernel (see
https://github.com/thesofproject/linux/issues/3161). Both the input
and output device are detected automatically but I have to manually
choose the Headphones output device every time I plug them in.

I followed the instructions on this link
(https://askubuntu.com/a/1268529/14747) in order to try to see the
plugged in event using `log-level = debug` and journalctrl but there
is no message printed when I plug in the headphones. Could someone
please give me some hints on how to troubleshoot this situation?

kms