[pulseaudio-discuss] troubleshooting switch-on-connect and switch-on-port-available

Krister thekswenson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 12:33:32 UTC 2021

Hi Sean,

Thanks for the message.  It helped me realize what the real issue is: when
the machine is plugged into a screen via the USB-C -> HDMI dongle, then the
audio IO doesn't switch. When the external monitor is disconnected,
however, then the headphones do take control when plugged in!

I would expect the headphones to take control under all circumstances, even
when an external monitor is attached, as the reason for plugging in
headphones is to use them!  Would you agree that this may be considered a
bug?  Would it warrant opening an issue?

kms