[pulseaudio-discuss] How to use module-loopback

Patrick May dusthillresident at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 13:29:37 UTC 2021

Hello

I want to create a loopback, to record from one specific device, and to
play back on another specific device.

My problem is, I have no idea how to specify the devices to read from
and write to when I load the module to create the loopback.

Everything I have tried so far just results in the module not loading at
all. And very helpfully, it just silently fails and doesn't give any
kind of console output or error message or anything to let me know wtf
is wrong.

So far I have tried these commands:

pacmd load-module module-loopback source="Blue Snowball Mono"
sink="EMU10k1 [Sound Blaster Live! Series] (SB0105 SBLive! 5.1)"

The documentation I found suggests that you can specify by name the
source and destination 'sink' when you load the module, but I have had
no luck working this out.

Can anyone help?