[pulseaudio-discuss] pulse audio receive multicast

Jerry Geis jerry.geis at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 18:01:02 UTC 2022

I am trying to get a computer to receive multicast with pulse audio on
20.04 LTS.

on the receive computer I did this
pacmd load-module module-null-sink sink_name=rtpsink
pacmd load-module module-rtp-recv sink=rtpsink sap_address=239.168.3.10
port=11000

>From another computer I sent multicast audio with asterisk. Other devices
received the multicast - but the receive computer did not. With asterisk I
sent on port 239.168.3.10:11000

Is there something else I have to do to receive multicast and play it?

Jerry