[pulseaudio-discuss] set media.role for VMware client

sben1783 sben1783 at yahoo.de
Thu Feb 3 17:00:27 UTC 2022

Am 2022-01-24 07:29, schrieb Sean Greenslade:
> On Wed, Jan 19, 2022 at 05:36:10PM +0100, sben1783 wrote:
> [...]
>> BUT: it doesn't "uncork" when my phone call within vmware is done. I
>> think
>> this is supposed to work..? My media player just stays muted forever.
>> Any
>> hints here? Where would I have to start looking to possibly find
>> details
>> why it doesn't unmute the media player?
>
> I'm assuming you're using module-role-cork for this.

Yes, at least that's what I am think being new to this issue:)

> If I had to guess at the issue (not being a VMWare user myself), the
> vmware client might be holding open its audio stream indefinitely once
> initialized.  You can check this by starting and ending a call, then
> looking at the list of current sink inputs:
>
> $ pactl list sink-inputs

Again you guessed right, the stream stays open until I finally close the
vmware session. As you asked above whether I am using module-role-cork:
is there any alternative I could use that would work even with the
stream staying open? Like based on actual stream usage or so?

Thx
Ben