[pulseaudio-discuss] pulseaudio module-combine-sink and network devices

Dan MacDonald allcoms at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 09:59:43 UTC 2022

Is it possible to use module-combine-sink to combine a network PA
device and a local device? I've been trying commands such as:

$ pactl load-module module-combine-sink sink_name=Combined2
sink_properties=device.description=CombinedTwo
slaves=tunnel.raspberrypi.local.alsa_output.usb-Focusrite_Scarlett_2i4_USB-00.analog-surround-40,alsa_output.usb-XMOS_HIFI_DSD-00.analog-stereo
channels=2
Failure: Module initialisation failed

Or sticking similar config into /etc/pulse/default.pa with no luck. I
can use each device individually fine.

I wonder if I'd have more luck trying to do this with Pipewire? I'd
have to upgrade both machines before that is an option so I'd rather
get this working with PA if its possible.