[pulseaudio-discuss] Static produced when connected to pulseaudio via the API

Toks Quaye toksquayework at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 11:32:35 UTC 2023

Hello,
I am running Pulseaudio version 14.2 on a iMX8 (64-bit) NXP Hardknott Yocto
OS.  My application interacts with PulseAudio via the API.  It connects to
the sinks asynchronously with the callbacks and streams data using the
pa_simple_write function.  The audio produced is static-filled.  This same
application runs with no problems on iMX6(32-bit architecture) Technexion
Hardknott Yocto OS using the same PA configurations.

Timer based scheduling is turned off by default in "/etc/pulse/default.pa"
with "load-module module-udev-detect tsched=0"

Also, rendering audio directly to ALSA, while by-passing Pulseaudio
produces static free audio.  We suspect the problem is with the Pulseaudio
to ALSA communication.

Are there possible differences in how Pulseaudio works in 64-bit
architecture compared to 32-bit architecture?

Any suggestions on how to further troubleshoot this will be much
appreciated.

Thank you